Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wk2-Project: AR Web Site

McNiff, Lomax, and Whitehead (2003) described action research as “an insider research (not outsider research), which means that the researcher is inside the situation and will inevitably influence what is happening” (p. 12). When I started this project, I was very excited about the expected results. I had no idea what would actually happen.  The biggest uncertainty was how the participants would respond.  I was amazed at how receptive the target audience was to exploring something totally new to them.  Here we had seasoned learning professionals in the corporate world running around in SmallWorlds through their avatars excited about this new experience.  I really feel I could do a Cycle 3 and 4.  I am determined to not let this research die even after the program is over.  The work is too important and the impact it could have on the industry translates to many possibilities.

Reference
McNiff, J., Lomax, P., Whitehead, J. (2003). You and your action research project.(2nd ed.). New York: RouteledgeFalmer.

1 comment:

  1. So, it sounds like you will make great use of the Publishing/Leadership project. :-)

    ReplyDelete